|Title:||臺灣泥炭作為肥料利用之研究－（第一報）臺灣泥炭之理化的組成||Other Titles:||Studies on the Utilization of Taiwan Peat as Fertilizer First Report: Physico-chemical Composition of Taiwan Peat||Authors:||徐水泉
|Issue Date:||2-Dec-1960||Publisher:||農業試驗所||Journal Volume:||9||Journal Issue:||4||Start page/Pages:||16-23||Source:||農業研究||Abstract:||
Generally speaking, peat have never seen in the sub-tropical or tropical reagions. But according to the geological survey reports, in Taiwan, there are a few deposit of so called peats which existed in the earth layer from the Pliocene period of Pretertiary or the Pleistocene period of Quaternary.
Peat is less in economic value as a fuel but it may be used as fertilizer. So, in order to realize the utilization of Taiwan peat as fertilizer, the preseut study was started. This is the preliminary report about the physico-chemical composition of the two kinds of peat were taken from Puli district and Pescadore island.
The results are summarized as follows:
1. It is very different in specific gravity, content of organic matter, total nitrogen, volatile matter due to the content of sand between the two groups of peat collect from Puli and Pescardore island.
2. In the inorganic compositions, the sand, silica and sesquioxides occupy a great part in percentage of composition, the low content in calcium, phosphorus and potassium.
3. The total amount of organic matter is more higher in Puli district than in Pescadore island. In the organic composition of peat in Puli, the humic acid-lignin complex is the main component, the crude fiber and protain next the low content in the bitumina and water soluble organic matter. For the peat in Pescadore island, the crude fiber is the main component and the others are low in content.
4. The physico-chemical compositions of peat in Puli and in Pescadore island are shown as Table I.
5. From the chemical properties of peat in Pescadore island, it is possible to recognize that it belongs to a soil of high content of organic matter.
6. According to the Table I the peat distributed in Puli district is more suitable for fertilizer use than the peat collected from pescadore island.
|Appears in Collections:||1.台灣農業研究(1950～迄今)|
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.