|Title:||龍眼果實脫水試驗||Other Titles:||Experiment on the Dehydration of Longan||Authors:||陳景福
|Issue Date:||5-Jun-1961||Publisher:||農業試驗所||Journal Volume:||10||Journal Issue:||2||Start page/Pages:||34-39||Source:||農業研究||Abstract:||
Longan (Euphoria longana Lam.) is one of the economic fruit trees in the sub-tropical zone. In Taiwan, its yearly production occupied the fourth rank among the annual total fruit yields. The fruit flesh are delicate and palatable, but it cannot be stored for a longer time. During the harvesting season, though its production increa-sed suddenly but low in price, thus it will be influencing the economics of the farmers- in-fruit. For this reason, the preservation of longan by dehydration is necessary. It is concluded that the dehydrated longan will not alter the quality and flavor. Fu-thermore, it will be elongated the shelf life of longan product for exportation.
Three varieties of longan are used as the raw materials for dehydration. Viz., Fu Yen Chung, Niu Tzu Yen and Wan Sheng Chung. The dehydration experiment was carried out at the pilot plant of Fengshan Horticulture Experiment Station on June, 1960 and ended on October, 1960. The cabinet dehydrater is employed for dehydration, while the raw materials are dried in a current of heated air in the dehydrater. The experimental results may be summarized as follows:
1. Among the three varieties, Fu Yen Chung is the best one for making the dehydrated longan.
2. Both the inspection of canned longan dehydrated products and the organolep-tical tests were performed. In whole fruit dehydration, the product No. 2 is superior than the other one; while in the fruit flesh dehydration only, the product No. 11 is the better than the other four dehydrated products.
3. The optimum drying temperature and time for dehydrating the whole fruit are considered to be most favorable between 170o-180oF. for 24 hours, whereas the operation of dehydrating the fruit flesh is slightly different, the flesh is first steam blanching for 3 minutes, then added the cane sugar 15-20% (based on the weight of fresh flesh), finally dehydrated under the temperature 150°—160°F. for 9 hours and then packed with enamel lined cans.
4. According to the analytical data, though the moisture of the dehydrated product No. 7 is so low (11.20%), but the sugar content (35.94%) is higher than others; while the product No. 11, however, both the moisture content as well as the sugar content are 11.50% and 23.63% respectively. Hence it is palatable and the flavor is also good.
5. The best longan dehydrated product has been obtained when the enamel lined cans are used for packing.
|Appears in Collections:||1.台灣農業研究(1950～迄今)|
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.