1.室內藥劑殺瞞效果試驗，未選出良好藥劑，但藥劑加入乳化劑證明可增加殺蟎效果。較顯著者如Azodrin+Sapogenat T180及MIPC+Phenylsulfanat CA.
1. Twenty-four pesticides were tested in the laboratory. No chemicals showed high efficacy. However, effectiveness was much improved when certain emulsifiers were added to pesticides, e. g. Azodrin+Sapogenat T 180 and MIPC+pheiylsulfanat CA.
2. Field trials showed that the effectiveness of both ethyl-parathion and endosulfan was about the same, both showing poor control of the rice mite. The proper timing for chemical control should initiate at the active tillering stage till heading and space at no more than 10-day intervals.
3. The rice tarsonemid mite could be found at earlier stages of rice seedling. This might be overlooked by field researchers before because of small samples.
4. Field surveys data seem to bear the conclusion that high temperature and drought conditions during June and July will drastically reduce the probability of an outbreak of this mite.
5. The author would like to suggest that pesticide toxicologists watch for the resistance of the mite to chemicals and improve pesticide formulation for field trials.
Whenever possible, field screening of pesticides be conducted to continuously search for effective chemicals. Close in-season field surveillance for earlier detection of the mite’s appearance be made routinely by local extension workers with special attention to the seedling stages before and after transplanting during the second crop.