|Title:||鋅乃勃(Zineb. 大生Z-78)防治柑橘锈蜱試驗報告||Other Titles:||Field Trial Report on Zineb Controlling Citrus Rust Mite in Taiwan||Authors:||陶家駒
|Issue Date:||4-Dec-1959||Publisher:||農業試驗所||Journal Volume:||8||Journal Issue:||3-4||Start page/Pages:||33-37||Source:||農業研究||Abstract:||
This work was carried out at Hsinpu and Taipei, north part of Taiwan. Because of lime sulfur could not be mixed with modern developed insecticides such as malathion and summer oil to control other citrus pests at the same time, as well as if used in hot summer it would usually induce fruit sun burn and short protective period so that had to be applied monthly interval since July or August to November in every year.
However, lime sulfur was an effective and cheap miticid to kill citrus rust mite. The raw materials of sulfur and lime stone were native products and boiled, them together to make lime sulfur very easily. The cost was much cheaper than other miticide even sulfur powder. It made the fruit color more beautiful and juice sweeter, thus attracting costomers and increasing market value, so that, the citrus growers warmly used it and had 34 years of applying history on this island.
Zineb was found to subsitute lime sulfur by the low cost, harmless to fruit, could, be combined with modern developed insecticides, longer miticidal efficiency, decreasing times of applications. The results of this study may be summarized as below.
1. From June to November of 1958, the climate was very favorite to mass production of citrus rust mite, Phyllocoptruta oléivora (Ashm.) om this island. Zineb application was much better than lime sulfur, wettable sulfur and chlorobenzilate as we studied in this season. Because of toxicological value annd effective period of zineb were tremendous strength. It was diluted at 880 times (equall to one pound of 65% zineb Z-78 in 100 gallons of water) the effective period could persist in 70 days. Whenever lime sulfur was only one month length
2. Zineb had no repellent action. It could be combined with summer oil or malathion to control other citrus pests at the same application.
3. Zineb came from Holland would cause phytoxicity especially on the varieties of Ponkan, Grape Fruit and Navel Orange. There were lots of yellowish brown lesion on the tender foliage especially at the flashing stage.
4. It was unnecessary to add sticker in zineb dilution during application, otherwise, it might stick on the lower end of fruit and spoil the peel reducing its market value.
5. Like the lime sulfur zineb treatment odds to the natural color of the orange.
6. Finally, zineb application has not only miticidal value but also a confirmed function of displacing lime sulfur which has many defects. The cost of zineb application was much, cheaper than lime sulfur and is therefore justified for immediate extension.
|Appears in Collections:||1.台灣農業研究(1950～迄今)|
Items in DSpace are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.